I am very lucky to have two easy to please little people.
These are the top 10 things that make them smile.
- staying in their pyjamas all day – my kids love a jarmie day, this is one is best done in winter
- baking something yummy to eat – measuring, sifting, stirring, licking the beaters
- eating the baking – no explanation required
- watching a movie before bed – because it doesn’t matter if you go to bed a bit later than usual
- watching a movie in bed – this usually happens because Mum and Dad want to spend some time alone and hope you crash out
- turning the entire house into a play centre – because one bedroom each and a specified play room just isn’t enough
- going to work with mum – a treat of a day where biscuits are eaten and lunch is a special treat from the shop
- hanging out with Nan while Mum goes to work – no explanation required
- having a family outing – my kids chose to go to an indoor swim centre, good exercise for wearing them out, and cheap for me
- coco pops – only allowed in school holidays at our place
It really is the simple things in life that are often the best.